Suga’s DDay-Tour at JAKARTA: I Fear Losing of Memory, So I…

Suga at screen — DDay-tour JKT by me

I still remember how frustrating my emotional state was during the DDay-tour Jakarta ticket sales. To be honest, from the beginning, I disliked the promoter who organized Suga’s concert in Jakarta. Other idols they frequently handled for concerts in Indonesia had left a trail of mishaps that angered fans. So, even though they said the tickets sold out in a matter of seconds, I was certain that a quarter of those tickets were bought by greedy people who would raise the prices or uhmmm, you know…

However, despite not wanting to give those scalpers a chance to profit, I eventually found myself trying to get tickets from them. Since the pandemic and the cancellation of the Map of the Soul Tour, this was the first time I would have a chance to see BTS perform. Even if it was just Suga this time, I was determined to find a way to attend the concert.

Ticket Day 2 by me

Two days before the concert, I managed to get a ticket at double the original price. I felt like crying, but as you know, unlucky days are not marked on the calendar. Since I didn’t have clothing that adequately represented Suga’s style in the DDay album, on the day before the concert, I went to the mall to buy an outfit that I could wear. It didn’t take long for me to fall in love with a set that included a ripped skirt and a fitted black blazer.

On the day of the concert, since the venue was far from where I lived, I decided to take a taxi. As my ticket was for the second day, a Saturday, I had to miss one of my classes. I apologize to my professor, as I had initially said I needed the day off for work, but it turned out I was going to see Suga.

Me take by another Army at venue! Thank you :)

My ticket placed me in the festival standing area, which meant I would be standing throughout the concert. I was assigned to section ‘B’, on the right side where Suga would be facing the audience. Aware of my limitations and not wanting to be in a crowded space, I positioned myself at the very back, leaning against the boundary pole of the ticket section. At 28 years old, I knew I no longer had the energy to wrestle in the front-row crowd and scream to get Suga’s attention. Besides, I was sure he wouldn’t hear me amidst the chaos.

It was my first concert, seeing Suga on stage even from a distance. The South Korean man I had considered my ideal type was now just a few meters away. I wasn’t sure about others, but despite having imagined countless interactions and conversations I might have with my idols, if I were to stand near Suga that day, I was sure I’d be starstruck. Just seeing someone who had only been a face on a screen for so long suddenly right in front of me would leave me speechless.

He really mean it!!!

One thing was for sure, that night became the most enjoyable night of my time as a BTS fan, especially since Suga was my bias from the start. Although in reality, I loved all seven of them. Suga started the night off in a delightful way. I felt like all the effort I put into memorisize every track from the recently released DDay album, just a few months before the tour announcement, was worth it.

Agustd

That night, Suga performed several of his hit songs. “Haegeum,” “Daechwita,” and “Give It To Me” were particularly exciting for me. He also performed “SDL,” “People Pt.2,” “D-Day,” and “The Last,” which was the closing song of the concert. He spun around and disappeared from the stage during the finale. In between songs, he tried to share recent experiences, including the incessant cough he had experienced since arriving in Indonesia. (I’m sure most of it was due to the poor air quality in the country.) Sorry, Suga!

Apart from his persistent cough, he also attempted to communicate using a few simple slang phrases in Indonesian that he might have learned quickly before arriving in Jakarta. He mentioned that in Indonesian Army, “MANTUP = MANTAP BETUL ‘’ meant something great or even more than great. He also revealed some Indonesian foods he liked. Despite being alone this time, he promised to come back to Jakarta with the other members. I hope that day comes, and I still get to see them. Well, hopefully.

hand banner at DDay-tour JKT by Me

Another positive experience at the event venue was meeting many ARMYs from various countries. When they saw me holding a hand banner with encouraging words for Suga, two ARMY, probably from Thailand or the Philippines (I guessed from their faces and accents), approached me and asked in English where I got the hand banner. They wore curious yet sweet expressions. With a smile, I informed them about the distributor’s location and assured them it was free and they could get one too.

lol


They thanked me and moved on. At another time, before I entered the venue, a group of girls offered to take Polaroid photos for a fee. I thought it might be interesting to try, but unfortunately, all the photos they took turned out to be overexposed. Thankfully, I only had to pay for one out of the three attempts. Feeling guilty, they also gave me a few small posters with Suga’s face on them, even though I wasn’t particularly upset. I understood that the outdoor environment was tricky for Polaroid photography.

Suga and his crew at DDay-tour JKT by Me

The concert ended, and I rushed to catch a train back to Jakarta from the concert venue in South Tangerang. On the journey home, the train car was filled with people who were dressed just like me. Of course, they had also attended the Suga concert. Despite the fatigue from standing through the entire concert, I still felt happy seeing the joyous faces inside the train. I’m sure they too had wonderful memories, just like I did that day.

ARMY YAEROUBUN, Let’s be friend. Find me here!!!


Komentar

Postingan Populer